Child injured in gunfire exchange at Alabama shopping mall

Adjust Comment Print

The shooting happened around 9:30 the Riverchase Galleria in Hoover, Alabama, a suburb of Birmingham.

Police do not know how the confrontation began, but "we do not believe at this point the 18-year-old was armed", Hoover police Capt. Gregg Rector said.

Rector said a 12-year-old girl was also shot in the exchange.

"The unidentified person was fleeing the scene when one of the police officers encountered him and shot and killed him", Rector said.

Keeping Tabs: The DHS Has Paid Informants Embedded In Illegal Alien Caravan
Mexico's Interior Ministry said Saturday that the federal government was flying in food and blankets for the migrants in Tijuana. Tijuana's city government has set up a little stadium as a place that the caravan can sleep as they wait here in Tijuana.

An 18-year-old struck by at least one bullet was transported to a local hospital and was in serious condition, Rector said.

HOOVER -Three people have been shot and one, the suspect in the initial shooting, is dead in a incident at the Riverchase Galleria in Hoover. Her condition was stable Friday morning, police said.

The police officers involved in the shooting have been placed on administrative leave, pending an investigation into the shooting.

Hoover is about 10 miles from Birmingham.

Nissan to oust boss Carlos Ghosn due to 'serious misconduct'
Ghosn has been contemplating his next career step as the companies look to change the pact's structure, possibly through a merger. Among the best paid executives in both Japan and France for several years, Ghosn's compensation has regularly drawn criticism.

Two separate rings of gunshots could be heard inside the mall by witnesses, who described the scene as chaotic with customers screaming and mall staff working to lock down the center, which the Hoover Police Department said is now secure.

Brookfield Properties, which owns the shopping center, said it was devastated by the shooting. "While there is no current danger to our community, we will remain closed until further notice".

The city followed up with a tweet at 12:09 thank the police officers and paramedics who responded to the scene, saying, "Our HPD officers acted heroically and professionally tonight".

Thousands of Indian devotees throng temple, with no women
Despite the police efforts, Desai was not allowed to leave the airport, forcing her to return to Mumbai late night yesterday. The Kerala government called an all-party meeting on Thursday to discuss the issue, but the Congress and the BJP walked out.