On Thursday, Police raided the home of a couple who raised $400,000 online for a homeless Good Samaritan who has alleged they squandered some of the money, including on a used BMW that investigators hauled away on a flatbed truck.
Both prosecutors and police confirmed that a search warrant was executed early Thursday at the residence of Kate McClure and her boyfriend Mark D'Amico in Florence Township.
Officials with GoFundMe and Bobbitt's lawyer said Thursday that Bobbitt will get all the money donated to him. The couple started the fundraiser after Bobbitt used his last $20 to buy gas for McClure when he saw her stranded on the side of I-95 in November of previous year.
But the story did not have such a happy ending after plans to disperse the money went downhill and Bobbitt claimed the couple had not given him all the money they raised for him.
McClure and D'Amico started the crowdfunding campaign after Bobbitt came to McClure's rescue on the side of the road in October 2017.
US Charges North Korean for WannaCry, Sony Picture Hacks
Park, who faces charges of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and conspiracy to commit computer related fraud, remains at large. Authorities have said previously that North Korea was responsible for the cyber-attack.
Whithorne said that not only will Bobbitt receive the balance of the funds, but the company is making it easier for donors in the Bobbitt campaign to get their money back.
Earlier in the day, GoFundMe announced it was taking steps to make it easier for donors to the Bobbitt campaign to get their money back.
"Johnny will be made whole and we're committing that he'll get the balance of the funds that he has not yet received or benefitted from".
GoFundMe has deposited $20,000 into an escrow account for Bobbitt while the investigation into the possible misuse of funds continues, according to the Inquirer. The campaign was established to aid the homeless man whose story of helping a stranded motorist in Philadelphia inspired thousands of people to contribute.
Lawyers for Bobbitt and the couple have disagreed on how much of the $400,000 that was raised has already been spent on Bobbitt's behalf. However, no charges have yet been filed.
Officials were at the couple's home in Bordentown early on September 6, a day after a judge ordered them to appear in court, Fox29 reported. Bobbitt has questioned where they got the money for the new vehicle. But McClure and D'Amico have since reportedly told attorneys that all the funds are gone.
Turkey looks for diplomatic solution to avoid 'massacre' in Syria's Idlib
The Syrian military has been sending reinforcements to the area for more than a month, and Russian Federation has ramped up its rhetoric.
A judge presiding over Mr Bobbitt's lawsuit ordered the couple to give sworn statements on Monday on the status of all the money raised, as well as to turn over documents.
A screenshot of the texts was first posted on Reddit and verified by Bobbitt's attorney on Friday.
The campaign benefiting Bobbitt - which raised more than $400,000 from roughly 14,000 people - began accepting donations in November, almost 10 months ago. Bobbitt says he did receive about $75,000 from the couple. At the request of Bobbitt's attorney, the judge has shut the suit down until at least December.
Bobbitt was also ordered to be deposed, but his attorney stated that he was in a 30-day treatment program.
The couple also bought Mr Bobbitt a camper with some of the cash and parked it on land McClure's family owns in New Jersey.
Observers say at least 4 killed in Syria's Idlib
Officials and analysts will be watching Idlib closely over the next week ahead of UN-led talks on Syria in Geneva on September 14. Iran's President Hassan Rouhani, Russia's Vladimir Putin and Turkey's Tayyip Erdogan meet in Sochi, Russia November 22, 2017.